C.A.R. Part #7 - The Reflection
The most important piece of a C.A.R. project comes at the very end during the Reflection. This is where you take stock of your overall learning process during the research. The Reflection is a set of connections between the past, present, and future. The Reflection provides a deep understanding of why events occurred as they did and how those outcomes helped you address your main research question. Looking back after collecting data, what thoughts come to mind? If you were to repeat the process, what would you change? What worked best for you? What failed? What most surprised you? At the conclusion of a good Reflection, you should know more than you did when you began. If you have not gained new insights about the problem and your problem-solving action, it is likely that this part turned into a summary, which it is not supposed to be! (NOTE: Your Abstract summarizes everything, NOT your Reflection.)
Dr. Hartnell's Helpful Hints
1. Put YOUR last name and the page number in the upper-right corner.
2. The word Reflection (in bold) appears at the top of this page. It is centered on the page. Your paper should already be set to "double-spaced", which means all you need to do is hit the "Enter" key ONCE to ensure the proper spacing between the word Reflection and the start of your text.
3. Hit "Enter" again to begin the text of your Reflection.
4. DO indent the first sentence of your Reflection and all paragraphs throughout.
5. The Reflection is double-spaced, left-justified, and begins on its own page, regardless of how long the Data Analysis runs. (In other words, even if the Data Analysis runs five full page and two lines of a sixth, the Reflection begins on a new page. This is true for all the major sections of your C.A.R. written report.)
6. Don't forget that the margins throughout must be the default setting that appear when you open a new Word Processing Document. DON'T try to cheat and alter them.
7. LENGTH: The Reflection should be no fewer than 3 pages in length. You may exceed this limit.